Another year, and a whole new – and very different – ABA TECHSHOW has now concluded. It was unusual because this year’s conference was virtual due to the pandemic. But by all accounts, it still had that “Techshow” feel that we all know and love.
As always, there were a ton of great CLE tracks on topics that ran the gamut, from cloud computing, remote working tools, mobile apps, law practice management advice, paperless tips, cybersecurity advice, and much more. And this year, it was all delivered virtually over the span of a week via live (and a few pre-recorded) videoconferencing sessions.
Despite its virtual format, this year’s conference was a busy one for the MyCase team, and we had a great time connecting with attendees and customers at our virtual booth and during a session where we offered attendees an overview of all that MyCase has to offer.
But before we get to all of that, let’s find out what others had to say about this year’s Techshow. Here are just a few blog posts and articles about this year’s conference (I’ll be sure to update this list as new posts are published):
- ABA TECHSHOW 2021 Rocked the House! (Ride the Lightening)
- ABA (Virtual) Techshow 2021: All You Need to Know (MyCase Blog)Freelance for Law wins
- It’s The Little Things That Make Practicing Easier (Above the Law)
- ABA Techshow 2021’s Startup Alley competition (ABA Journal)
- ABA TECHSHOW 2021: It’s Virtual But Still Has Lots To Offer (Above the Law)
- ’60 in 60′ Techshow session options ideas to enhance video conferences, increase well-being (VLBSA Blog)
Showcasing new features
And now let’s get to this year’s conference. At MyCase, we were excited to showcase some of our newest updates at ABA TECHSHOW. These features were developed based on input from our customers who told us that contact-free client services along with remote work and collaboration tools were a necessary part of doing business and thriving despite uncertain times.
We listened to their input and rolled out a bunch of new features to help lawyers seamlessly transition their firms to remote work by providing them with the tools they need to facilitate firm-wide collaboration and streamlined client service from any location:
- In-app document editing: With our new File Sync feature our customers can seamlessly edit documents using their preferred software – including Microsoft Word, Adobe, or Microsoft Excel – and all changes made are then automatically saved in MyCase and the version history of each document, including who uploaded it, is then readily accessible in MyCase.
- Internal chat: With built-in internal chat, our customers can easily communicate with their law firm colleagues. During the pandemic, our customers told us that communicating with their displaced teams was challenging. That’s why we rolled out MyCase Chat, which makes it easy for our customers to seamlessly communicate with other firm attorneys and staff no matter where they happen to be, right within MyCase.
- Subscription billing: With Subscription Billing, our customers can easily set up a recurring retainer fee by entering the subscription price and billing frequency just one time. After that, their clients are automatically invoiced on a regular basis, with no further action needed.
MyCase’s Visual Notes
Next up, visual notes. This year we continued the long-standing tradition of sponsoring the visual notes for this year’s ABA TECHSHOW sessions. These visual notes have become fixture at the conference and are always appreciated by attendees.
This year, the MyCase-sponsored notetaker attended and captured many of the ABA TECHSHOW virtual sessions, producing in depth summaries of each seminar. Here are two fantastic examples of this year’s notes:
Happy MyCase Customers
And last, but not least, we loved having the opportunity to (virtually) catch up with current customers and to connect with lawyers who stopped by the MyCase booth because they were interested in learning more about MyCase. The virtual setting provided us with lots of opportunities to interact with and hear from lawyers about their law practice management needs, and we received lots of great feedback.
Another great aspect of this year’s virtual setting was being able to “hear” from our happy customers, who shared their appreciation for MyCase in the live chat during the virtual conference sessions. This was truly one of the most unexpected and wonderful parts of this year’s virtual conference! Here are a few examples:
So there you have it – ABA TECHSHOW 2021 is a wrap! It was virtual, and far different than TECHSHOW’s of year’s past. But even so it was, nevertheless, a memorable and enjoyable conference. However, as much as we liked the online setting, let’s hope next year’s conference is held in person, since nothing beats connecting one-on-one. With that in mind, here’s to seeing you next year in Chicago!