Webinar Recap: 5 Ways to Stay Productive Through COVID-19 (And Beyond)
In ever-evolving and stressful circumstances, legal professionals who have transitioned to a remote working environment are finding themselves at odds with new distractions, time management hurdles, and burnout. To help attorneys combat the emerging challenges associated with working away from the office for the first time, Founder of Real Life Practice Nora Bergman offered expert advice on how to remain focused and on task as individuals with regard to your mental health.
Jump to a Topic
9:33 – Strategy 1: Do Things That Make You Happy
Though it may sound counterintuitive, our brains are hardwired to to perform at their best when they are positive. Learn the science behind creating a positive mindset for yourself and how to boost your happiness towards a productive workday.
16:30 – Strategy 2: Get Organized
A messy environment may not necessarily indicate less productivity, but there are a myriad of other ways in which clutter can cost you. Use these best practices to win back wasted time week after week with respect to digital and physical organization.
27:20 – Strategy 3: Find Your Focus
Did you know that it can take your brain up to 20 minutes to recover from an interruption? In this segment, Nora Bergman reveals how to limit interruptions in your workday and find focus time towards better productivity, lower stress, and improved emotional well-being.
45:23 – Strategy 4: Plan. Plan Plan.
Planning gives us the opportunity to think through our goals and prioritize accordingly. To prevent you from dropping the ball on top priority tasks, Nora shares her daily, weekly, and monthly planning tips.
49:29 – Strategy 5: Take Care of Yourself
You are the goose that lays the golden eggs. Find out the 3 key aspects to your well being and how to satiate them to keep you productive, focused, and sane as you manage your law firm.
- MyCase COVID-19 Resource Center
- 50 Lessons for Lawyers: Earn More, Stress Less, Be Awesome (2016) by Nora Riva Bergman J.D.
- The Happiness Advantage, The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success and Performance at Work (2010) by Shawn Archor
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (2002) by David Allen
- The Myth of Multitasking: How “Doing it All” Gets Nothing Done (2008) by Dave Crenshaw
- A Factory of One: Applying Lean Principles to Banish Waste and Improve Your Personal Performance (2012) by Daniel Markovitz
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home and School (2014) by John Medina
- Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long (2009) by David Rock
- Goals! How to Get Everything You Want – Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible (2010) by Brian Tracy