Can you believe that ABA Techshow is almost here? The MyCase team will be there, will you? If so, make sure to check out our recent post where we shared everything you need to know about this year’s conference. And then, make sure to add all of the sessions highlighted in this post to your Techshow agenda. Because these are the sessions small firm lawyers won’t want to miss!
Not only will they provide you with lots of great information and insight on running your small law firm as efficiently as possible, but they’ll also be covered by our visual note taker. If you’ve been to Techshow before, you’re no doubt already familiar with the visual notes brought to you by MyCase that are now a popular mainstay at the conference. By attending these sessions, not only will you learn about lots of ideas to help you run your law firm more effectively, you’ll also be able to watch firsthand as the colorful visual notes for your session are created.
So without further ado, here are the sessions she’ll be covering. Make sure to add them to your itinerary before you forget!
- 8:45 – Tech Toolbox 2020: What’s Right for Your Practice (Natalie Robinson Kelly and Richard G. Ferguson): This session will take a look at the most essential technologies, hardware & software, to build your modern law office.
- 10:45 – Paperless 3.0: Making Your Paperless Workflow Work (Charity Anastasio and Daniel J. Siegel): This session will highlight some of the challenges and provide solutions for maintaining a paperless system, including file retention methods and the benefits of utilizing the PDF format.
- 2:00 – Happy Clients, Happy Lawyers: Client Facing Automation (Genie Doi and Sofia Lingos): From chatbots to expert systems, this sessions will cover the tools law firms can deploy to enhance communication and provide additional services to clients.
- 4:00 – Risk Managed: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (Darla Jackson and Richard G. Ferguson): In this session you’ll learn how to minimize the effects of catastrophic failures of all sizes — from crashed hard drives and lost/stolen devices to a practice gone with the earth, wind or fire of natural disasters.
- 8:30 – Apps Apps Everywhere: Tablet and Mobile Legal Practice (Brett Burney and Paul J. Unger: In this session you’ll learn how to carry on a successful practice from anywhere while maintaining a quality and client focused practice.
- 10:30 – Shark Bite: Phishing, Privacy, IOT (MyCase’s very own Legal Technology Evangelist, Nicole Black, and Maria Phillips): This session will cover ways to reduce cybersecurity risks to your law firm systems and maintain data privacy, including how to avoid phishing lures and other attacks on devices used in your practice.
- 1:00 – Keynote – Mary Shen O’Carroll
- 3:00 – Cloudy, With a Chance of Sanctions–or Success! (Jim Calloway and MyCase’s Niki Black): In this session you’ll discover that the rules of ethics still require oversight in terms of the initial vetting of cloud providers along with building awareness of their uptime, administration, and security. Learn how due diligence for these services can be managed and potential issues avoided.
- 4:15 – Next Generation: Practice Management Applications (Natalie Kelly and Darla Jackson): This session will cover the features to look for in practice management software along with questions do you need to ask vendors in order to select the correct product.
Now that your schedule is set, there’s just one more thing you need to do: set aside some time to stop by the MyCase booth (#811). Grab coffee and donuts from 9 – 11 am on Thursday morning (2/27) and then stop by later on that afternoon for a beer from 3-5 pm. And while you’re there, make sure to drop off your business card so you can enter to win an Apple Watch that we’ll be giving away!
See you in Chicago!