Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, the relentless holiday gift-giving season is upon us. Like it or not, it’s time to buy gifts for your loved ones and friends. If you’ve got a lawyer on your list, you may be struggling with choosing an appropriate gift, since lawyers can be a notoriously difficult bunch to buy gifts for.
Fortunately, you’ve stumbled upon this blog post, so problem solved! Buy the lawyer in your life one of these apropos novelty gifts designed just for attorneys. Then you can cross that name off your list and rest easy knowing you’ve chosen the perfect gift. So without further ado, here’s our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide for lawyers:
- For the women lawyers in your life, consider the Notorious RBG mug. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a brilliant woman and a cultural icon (she even has her own meme). Women lawyers across the country admire her and look up to her, so no doubt the women lawyer on your gift list will appreciate this mug. Another great RBG-themed option is Justice Ginsburg’s recently published official workout book: She Stays Strong And You Can, Too! Lawyers are busy, making it difficult to find the time to stay in shape. That’s where this book comes in. It provides an accessible, convenient exercise regimen written by Justice Ginsburg’s very own personal trainer.
2. Is the lawyer in your life a wine drinker? If so, this stemless wine glass for lawyers is the perfect gift. Everyone has good days and bad days, and this wine glass is a perfect barometer for attorneys after a long day of fighting for their clients’ rights.
3. For lawyers who can’t get enough of practicing law, there’s the Lawsuit board game. Future lawyers will no doubt enjoy playing this game, as will seasoned lawyers. In this game, the players attend law school, and then hang their own shingle and deal with the ins and outs of managing a small law firm, all while juggling their cases and day-to-day lives as lawyers.
4. If you’re searching for the perfect gift for a well-dressed male lawyer, look no further. These novelty lawyer socks are ideal for the lawyer who likes to add a bit of unique flair to the traditional legal uniform of a gray suit, dress shirt, and tie. These legal-themed socks are the perfect addition to his wardrobe and he’ll be sure to appreciate them!
5. Lawyers are rarely at a loss for words, But on the off chance that happens, this magnetic poetry kit for lawyers is the perfect solution! Give the lawyers in your life the gift of words – and laughter. They’ll be sure to appreciate it!
6. Lawyers love to read, so why not buy a few books for the lawyers on your gift list? Here are 3 books that are sure to interest any solo or small firm lawyer. “Effectively Staffing Your Law Firm,” edited by Jennifer J. Rose, covers everything solo and small firm lawyers with growing practices need to know about hiring – and firing – employees. In the second edition of “Tomorrow’s Lawyers: An Introduction To Your Future,” the leading legal futurist, Richard Susskind, shares his insights on what tomorrow’s lawyers can expect as rapid technological advancements shape the practice of law. For even more insight on the future of law practice, don’t miss Mitch Kowalski’s newest book, “The Great Legal Reformation,” which explores how technology is changing the way that law firm’s conduct business through interviews and case studies of progressive law firms that are leading the way.
7. And last but not least, give the lawyers in your life the gift of time. Sign them up for a free trial of MyCase law practice management software so they can streamline their law firm and recoup valuable time in 2018.