As developers of web-based law practice management software, we here at MyCase love to read and learn everything there is to know about legal technology. So we make it a point to follow cloud computing and technology trends, both generally and as they affect the legal field.
To that end, here’s our roundup of some of our favorite posts and articles about legal technology and cloud computing from the recent weeks:
- Cyberthreats are now worse than you think. A warning to all law firms! (Law Practice Tips) – Jim Calloway, lawyer and Director of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Management Assistance Program, warns lawyers to take steps to secure their firms and one of his recommendations is to take advantage of legal cloud computing software.
- What Goes Into Designing A Practice Management Platform? My Interview With MyCase’s VP of Product (LawSites) – In this podcast, lawyer and legal technology expert Bob Ambrogi explores how to effectively design software for lawyers, including the steps that are taken to ensure that it is intuitive and easy to use, meets the needs of lawyers, and fits into their current workflow.
- Legal Technology Spending: Biggest Money-Wasters (Attorney at Work) – Catherine Sanders Reach, Director of the Law Practice Management and Technology section of the Chicago Bar Association, explains the steps lawyers need to take in order to make the most of their technology investments.
- Reasons To Learn About Legal Technology (Above the Law) – Attorney Jeff Bennion argues that lawyers need to stay on top of changes in technology and that doing so will make them more be efficient and help them comply with ethical obligations, all while increasing their caseload.
- ABA’s New Email Opinion: A Quick Primer (Technologist) – Attorney William Vogeler explains why lawyers need to consider more secure communication methods in light of the new ABA opinion. For tips on complying with the opinion don’t miss this post.