In yesterday’s MyCase free legal webinar, Catherine Sanders Reach, Director of Law Practice Management and Technology for the Chicago Bar Association, provided 60-minutes of “Tips and Tricks For Managing Social Media.”
According to Catherine, the very first thing you must do before diving into social media is determine what your goals are. After all, you can be a social media guru and know all the tips and tricks in the world, but without goals and a plan of action, your social media efforts to promote your law firm will come off as scattered. And, chances are, you probably won’t be too happy with the results.
If you’re anything like 36% of the webinar attendees, your main goal in using social media is to “Establish and Maintain Reputation/Professional Development.” Or maybe you want to use social media to reach potential clients, or just keep in touch with existing ones. The point is, before you put too much effort into actually using social media, spend some time deciding why you want to use social media for your law practice.
The good news is that Catherine’s presentation covers a lot of ground and will give you several ideas for using social media, no matter what your goal is (but you still need a goal, okay?). She covers a number of different social media tools and tactics, including:
- Essential Settings/Notifications in Social Media Platform: Learn about key settings in your LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook accounts so you have more control over your distribution and notifications.
- Automation: Get tips on using automation tools like IFTTT, Zapier, RSS feeds tools like Feedly and others to help streamline your sources and automate projects and keep things organized without having to spend more time.
- Dashboards: Catherine also covers the benefits of using a social media management dashboard like HootSuite. Dashboards and schedulers like HootSuite, Buffer and Sprout Social will help you manage your accounts, monitor activity and schedule posts, all in one place.
- Content: Is lack of content holding you back from doing more with social media? You’re not alone, and Catherine shares some great tips on researching and gathering content through legal websites, blog directories, news sources, and aggregators.
- Apps: Who doesn’t love a good legal app – especially one that can help you manage and grow your social media presence?
- Time Management: Towards the end of the presentation, you’ll discover new tools for time management and organization like Dlvr.it, Trello, Asana and hear all about Catherine’s new favorite time management tool.
Links to the full video recording and slides are below.
And congratulations to Scott Campbell from Poulson, Odell &Peterson,LLC, the winner of our Apple gift card!
See you in 2017 for the next free legal webinar from MyCase!