UPDATE: We originally published this law firm planning & marketing resources round up article in late 2014 to help small law firms with planning & marketing ideas moving into 2015. We think you’ll find that the resources below will still be valuable to you – it’s never too early (or too late) to re-think & refresh your law firm’s planning, organization, & marketing. Let us know how we can help!
– The MyCase Team.
The new year is right around the corner. Are you ready? What plans do you have in place for your law firm in 2015?
If you haven’t given much thought about what types of planning & marketing changes you could implement to help your law firm thrive in 2015, now’s the perfect time to start. And the good news is that your fellow lawyers have come up with some great suggestions to help you get off on the right foot in the new year. So if you’re not sure where to begin, read through these great posts for ideas and make plans for a successful 2015 for your law practice!
- 2015 Planning: Organize into Categories of Your Life (Cordell Parvin Blog): Law practice management advisor Cordell Parvin discusses the importance of setting your professional–and personal–goals in 2015.
- 5 pieces of year-beginning advice from 5 top legal marketers – a/k/a the “5x5s” (Law Firm 4.0): Deborah McMurray provides lots of great tips from legal marketing experts on ways to market your law firm next year.
- 10 Year End Law Practice Observations (Barry Seidel’s Law Practice Blog): Barry Seidel on using lessons learned from the past to plan for a better future for your law firm.
- 2015 Predictions – Part 1! (Thoughtful Legal Management): The first in David Bilinsky’s 3-part series of predictions from the experts on what to expect next year. Take these predictions and put them to use in your 2015 planning!
- 2014: The Year of New Law, No Hashtag (My Shingle): Carolyn Elefant discusses the rapid pace of change in the legal field and suggests ways that lawyers can position their law firms to take advantage of the new world order.
- 10 Things I Learned About Building a Successful Law Firm in 10 Years (Enchanting Lawyer): Jacob Sapochinick offers the lessons he’s learned about running his law firm over the years and provides great advice you can put to use in 2014.
- Your Barebones 2015 Marketing Plan (Divorce Discourse): Lee Rosen lays out a marketing plan for 2015 in 5 simple steps.
- 5 Social Media Trends Lawyers Need to Know in 2015 (The Cyber Advocate): Brian Focht on what to expect in 2015 when it comes to social media, your law practice, and how to put this knowledge to use for your law firm.
- Encouraging Lawyers To Wear Wearable Technology (Future Lawyer): Rick Georges discusses the challenge of getting lawyers to use wearable technology in 2015 and suggests that functional, practical designs are a great way to accomplish this goal.
Law firms need good marketing & planning in order to be successful. It’s only human nature to think about such things at the start of a new year, when our optimism is at a high point. But your law firm doesn’t run on automatic pilot the whole year and neither should your planning & marketing. We hope you found our law firm planning & marketing resources round up interesting, and even more importantly, useful, and help you (as we like to say)… Practice more. Manage Less.