Here at MyCase, one of our goals is to create and share useful information for solo and small firm attorneys. That’s why we devote so much of our time to writing and speaking about topics that help lawyers stay on top of their busy law practices. And the last few months have been no exception!
Here’s where we’ve been recently and where we’ll be in the near future:
- In July, MyCase’s founder Matt Spiegel presented at a webinar for the ABA’s Legal Technology Resource Section on the ethics of using cloud computing in a law practice. In August, he spoke at the Minnesota Solo and Small Firm conference on that same topic and then covered that topic again last week when he presented at a webinar hosted by the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Nicole Black, MyCase’s Director of Business Development, spoke about the ethics of mining social media for evidence on a panel for the Monroe County Bar Association on September 10th. The following week, she spoke on another panel for the Erie County Bar Association on that same topic.
- Matt and Nicole coauthored an article, Online Ethics for Lawyers, that was published by the California Lawyer Magazine.
- Nicole authored an article for the ABA’s GPSolo Magazine “Collaboration Tools You Should Already Be Using” as well as an article for the Family Lawyer Magazine, “Lawyers, Cloud Computing, and Ethics.”
- Finally, in August, Matt discussed how lawyers are using technology on the radio show TechTalk.