Here at MyCase, one of our goals is to create and share useful information for solo and small firm attorneys. That’s why we devote so much of our time to writing and speaking about topics that help lawyers stay on top of their busy law practices. And this summer is no exception!
Here’s where we’ve been recently and where we’ll be in the near future:
- On June 19th, MyCase’s Founder, Matt Spiegel, spoke at the California Solo and Small Firm Summit on the ethics of using cloud computing software in the practice of law. On July 24th he’ll be presenting for the ABA’s LTRC on cloud computing ethics and then in August, he’ll be speaking about the ethics of cloud computing at the Minnesota 2014 Strategic Solution for Solo and Small Firms conference.
- On May 16th, Nicole Black, MyCase’s Director of Business Development and Community Relations, spoke at the 11th Annual Western New York Bankruptcy Conference on the ethical issues lawyers encounter when using social media. Later that month, on May 30th, she spoke at the Appellate Division, 4th Department Attorneys for Children Topical Seminar on the influence of cloud and mobile technologies on the legal profession.
- Nicole recently started writing a bi-weekly technology column for Above the Law and her review of the Wacom Intuos Pen and Small Tablet was published by the ABA’s GPSolo ezine earlier this month.
- Matt was recently featured by Thomas Jefferson School of Law in the alumni spotlight: Matt Spiegel ’05 Shares His Experience as an Attorney and a Tech Entrepreneur.
- Nicole’s law school, Albany Law, recently profiled her for their alumni spotlight as well: Black ’95 Writes Extensively about Technology and the Practice of Law.
- Finally, MyCase was featured on the History Channel’s show, Newswatch, at the end of June. You can watch the full episode here — the MyCase segment starts at 17:04.