Here at MyCase, one of our goals is to create and share useful information for solo and small firm attorneys. That’s why we devote so much of our time to writing and speaking about topics that help lawyers stay on top of their busy law practices. And this spring is no exception!
Here’s where we’ve been recently and where we’ll be in the near future:
- On March 25th, MyCase’s founder and GM, Matt Spiegel, spoke at the Minnesota Family Institute on the ethics of using cloud computing in a law practice. Later that month, he spoke in Chicago at Lexthink, the mini conference occurring just before ABA Techshow, and explained how lawyers could increase job satisfaction and reduce stress by taking a cue from start ups and encourage a fun, collaborative work environment. Finally, later this month he’ll be presenting at a webinar for NACDL.
- Next week, on April 10th, Nicole Black, MyCase’s Director of Business Development and Community Relations, will be speaking in Scottsdale, Arizona at the ABA’s Litigation Section’s annual meeting on a panel about using iPads for litigation. Then on April 11th, she’ll be speaking about cloud computing and lawyers at a conference sponsored by the Arizona State Bar. After that, she’ll be presenting at an ABA Family Law Section webinar on cloud computing on April 14th , and then later this month, on April 24th, she’ll be speaking about using technology to streamline the practice of law at Avvo’s Lawyernomics conference in Las Vegas.
- Matt was recently interviewed by Attorney at Work for a feature that focused on his experiences as the founder of a successful legal startup.
- Nicole’s review of the Aidata Portable Laptop Stand was published by the ABA’s GPSolo ezine earlier this month.
- Matt wrote a blog post for Legal IT Pros about the importance of trust when choosing a legal software company to house your law firm’s data.
So that’s what we’ve been up to lately! Check back next month to find out where we’ve been and what we’re sharing!