New technology offers great opportunities for solo and small firms. But unfortunately, some bar associations have taken a restrictive approach to technology and some haven’t offered guidance at all. This leaves many solo and small firms confused about how to best take advantage of modern technology like cloud solutions, social media, or even practice trends like alternative billing or virtual law firms.
on June 27th, 2013 at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT to learn about the top ten ethical red flags your firm should consider when taking on new technology.
- Confidentiality and security considerations when using cloud and mobile solutions
- Attorney-client relationships, advertising, and other challenges when using social and online platforms
- Virtual law office ethical issues, such as avoiding the unauthorized practice of law
- Escrow account issues, alternative billing, outsourcing, and more.
Our Expert Presenters:
- Carolyn Elefant is the Founder and Principal Attorney with the Law Offices of Carolyn Elefant in Washington D.C. She is also an ABA-published author. She wrote “Solo By Choice” and is the co-author of “Social Media For Lawyers.”
- Nicole Black is an Attorney in Rochester, New York, the Business Development Director at MyCase, ABA-published author of “Cloud Computing For Lawyers” and co-author of “Social Media For Lawyers.”