Today’s app is Jury Tracker. It’s an iPad app that facilitates tracking the jury pool. Using Jury Tracker, you can organize your notes and predictions regarding each juror throughout the course of the trial.
Why you want it: This is an app created by an attorney and is designed to aid lawyers during trial by providing an easy way to keep track of your observations regarding jurors.
- Jury Tracker for iPad (Tablet Legal, December 2010)
- iPad Apps for Lawyers: iJuror, JuryTracker, Jury Duty, WordPerfect Viewer (Trial Technology blog, January 2011)
- Jury Tracker iPad App: An App Just for Lawyers (Off Site LawTech Center blog, December 2010)
- Jury Tracker for iPad (legalmac forum review, December 2010)
The good: All in all, the reviews are positive for this app, so if you’re in the market for an app to assist you with tracking jurors during trial, you definitely want to give this one a try. And best of all, unlike many other paid iPad apps, you can actually test drive this one for free for 30 days. The app creator, John Cleaves, offers a free 30-day trial of the app, as explained at the iTunes site.
The bad: Despite the free trial period, this app isn’t free. However, it’s certainly not expensive, all things considered, and it’s cheaper than many competing apps. Another potential pitfall is that in order to use an app such as this one–which requires a substantial amount of note taking–you’d best be comfortable with the either the iPad’s native on-screen keyboard or else invest in an iPad-compatible Bluetooth keyboard.
The nitty gritty:
- iPad app
- $4.99 at iTunes
- 30-day free trial period available