Up for grabs this month are 2 really useful books for solo and small firm lawyers. Learn how you can enter to win one of these books at the end of this post.
2 books–up for grabs!
First, there’s the recently updated “Solo by Choice, How to be the Lawyer You’ve Always Wanted to Be” written by (and the winning copy with be signed by) solo goddess and guru Carolyn Elefant, a lawyer and prolific author. Many consider this book to be the go-to manual for lawyers who are considering hanging a shingle. It covers everything you could ever want to know about starting a solo law practice, from choosing legal malpractice insurance and technology issues to pricing your services and marketing your practice. It’s a must-have manual. If you don’t believe me, just read the glowing reviews.
Also part of the giveaway is the book I co-authored with Carolyn, “Social Media for Lawyers: The Next Frontier.” This book (the winning copy of which will be signed by me) explains why it is important for lawyers to understand social media, describes all of the major social media platforms, reviews the ethical issues presented by social media, and discusses how lawyers can use social in an effective and efficient matter in order to achieve their chosen goals.
1 copy of each book is up for grabs, with each winner winning 1 book. To enter to win, all you have to do between now and December 12th is:
- Enter your information into the MyCase/MyShingle sign up list below and
- Share a link to this blog post on either Facebook or Twitter.
That’s it! The lucky winners will be announced on December 19th and notified via email. Good luck!
1. To enter: RT via Twitter or share via Facebook a link to this blog post AND enter your information into the MyCase/MyShingle sign up list above.
2. Promotion starts 8:00:00AM PDT 111/15/12 and ends 11:59:59PM PDT on 12/12/12.
3. A drawing will be held for each book, and the two (2) winners will be announced 12/19/12. Each winner will receive a copy of one (1) book, but not both.
4. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
5. No purchase is necessary and a purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
6. MyCase may amend or terminate this program at its sole discretion.
7. This promotion is sponsored by MyCase, 2878 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 300, San Diego, CA, 92108.
8. This promotion is limited to US residents and is void where prohibited.